Monday, September 19, 2011

Labor Day Weekend



   ** I love this vintage china, notice the lip on the plate?  Back then they had to pour boiling hot water under each plate to keep the food warm.  Kind of cool. This was also BY's original cane and top hat.  I wish I had taken a picture of the padded/leather foot stool next to his bed.  It was wasn't to help him get into bed, it was actually for when he knelt down to pray.  I thought that was really neat.  Now I want one!**
 Monique~Brigham Young was one of the earlier Prophets of our church
I love it when we get the chance to get out of town for a couple days and spend some good quality time together as a family.  Over the Labor day weekend we packed up the car and headed down to St George. No Cell phones, computers etc.   We had a wonderful time.  The weather was overcast with a cool breeze.  We went swimming, visited the temple, Brigham Youngs home, hiked, and then Whit and I had a special Mommy/Daughter date.  We went and saw "The Little Mermaid" It was AWESOME.  Perfect weekend.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a fun vaca! I love all the cute pictures!

easleyfamily said...

That looks a lot like our labor day weekend :)

{natalie} said...

I love weekends like that. Just far enough so be out of town but not that far away. Looks like you guys had a great time

stalker sarah said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I love the photos! :)

Unguren said...

For labor day some friends of mine and me went to St. George too, for a girls weekend. You look like you had just as much fun as me...only you will just have to imagine my fun because I didn't take a single picture.