Friday, June 25, 2010

Food Storage Friday

This is my project for this weekend....WATER!

Things I've learned:

*For a family of four this 55 gal barrel ($39.99 at Walmart) will only last for about two weeks (for your basics only)
*Water should be stored in a cool place
*Don't fill the barrel up all the way, needs room to expand if water freezes
*Rotate your water~I think I'll do it when Conference comes around
*Store your water on wood blocks~helps prevent anything from seeping in through the bottom
*I read not to store your water in your garage because the gas fumes can seep into your barrel, but since we don't leave our car running in the garage...HELLO! I think I will store mine there.





I got this round board at Lowes. I think it was $6























3 comments:

stalker sarah said...

Good to know! And yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about gas fumes. Or maybe I should.... ;) I love your tips! Thanks, chickie!

{natalie} said...

only 5 more days until disaster strikes!!

i shouldn't joke.

i think i'll buy some water asap.

let's get together again asap. it was super fun and i miss you and that zupas soup.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the post! I guess if something happens it will last a wk cuz we will be at your house. hahaha