My little family is so excited to participate in the "Community Gardens" in our cute little town. We get a 10x20 plot of land provided by the city. We can plant whatever we want and then the city will plant melons, onions, fruit trees, carrots, corn and a bunch more that each family can enjoy in exchange for working a few hours at the farmers market etc. We planted green beans, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, zucchini, tomatillo, peppers, peas and much much more! I'm going to be canning up a storm this year and I can't wait cause I won't be 5 months pregnant this time!!!!!
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
that is so awesome! I tried to convince our bishop to do something similar in the back of our church, but no :(
That is a great idea. Too bad more people don't do that. Your major is amazing!
Oh it will be so worth it! Even all the canning! Yay for being prepared!
Could your kids BE any cuter? I love the photos! And how fun. I want a community garden. Too bad I would kill everything in it! :)
that is so, so cool. i hope it all grows well and you have a great harvest at the end of summer.
Seriously where do you get all your ambition! Can you give me some?
What a cool idea. Sometimes the hardest part of getting a garden going is the prep work...I would love this! Good luck with the growing and have fun with the canning! Maybe sometime in the next few weeks it will warm up enough here to get something planted. (sigh) And btw- I totally thought of you while I was running through Ogden Canyon a few weeks ago...wish we could have worked it out!! I want to see you!
You're doing the community garden? FUN!!! And I can't wait to see what you're doing for that project with all the cute fabric! And YUMMY braid!!! :) You're AWESOME!
wow, that is cool! great idea.
Post a Comment