I'm SO excited about this project and I'm hoping it turns out as wonderful as I'm envisioning! Somewhere with my love affair of Pinterest, I came across a beautiful story about the Boston Food Swap. I fell in love immediately and knew I wanted to try this out with my friends, neighbors, and possibly even my community. Watch out Farmers Markets...
Has anyone noticed how expensive food is getting? I only have two children, and even we are feeling the crunch. One can only assume things are going to get worse before they get better.
What is a Food Swap? Much like a Farmers Market filled with beautiful Mason Jars filled with goodness, fresh organic fruits and veggies, butters, jams, granola, spices, sauces, anything that is home grown/made.
Here's the best part....ready.....
ITS FREE!
Yes, that's right. Much like my Valentine's Party. You bring a certain amount of Valentine's, trade with friends and leave with the same amount you brought, but you leave with others treasures. Awesome right!? The BFS does it a little different and its set up more like a trading/auction. I want straight trade. What do I get out of this? Nothing but pure enjoyment knowing that everything I'm bringing home to my family is nothing but local home grown goodness.
It wouldn't hurt if everything was packaged CUTE....just saying...
So, who's in?
You don't have to know me to participate. You are welcome to share my idea on your blogs/facebook etc. This will probably happen in August before school begins and as gardening is coming to an end. I will have a small form for everyone to fill out and the item they plan on sharing (so we don't have a zillion zucchinis!!!!)
If you have suggestions or thoughts, please share!!!
Please leave a comment or email me at:
andra stoker at yahoo dot com

2 comments:
Andra, What a neat idea i wish that i lived closer so i could enjoy the garden exchange.Mom
Im in! Let me know more details when it gets closer :)
Post a Comment