Thursday, August 25, 2011

DAY 4 of Happy Preserving




Preserving DAY 4
 There was a fantastic sale on chicken recently so I loaded up!  Its so easy to can chicken and it taste AWESOME!
I follow this youtube video from HERE

Easy as 1,2,3....
Cut up your chicken, pack them in your jars, put 1/2 tsp salt in each jar.  That's it!  Wipe off the rims and no need to add water because the chicken makes its own juice.  I've seasoned chicken before or I've left it plain like this batch.  This is so easy and quick for soups, casseroles, pizza, the list goes on!
HAPPY PRESERVING


5 comments:

J♥M said...

This is one thing I haven't tried just because I second guess myself and am terrified of poisoning my family!
I'm happy to hear it's a success!

tbergsjo said...

Oh love this idea. Andy and I have got on a canning kick and I hadn't thought of chicken!! I can't wait to try it!! Thanks!

The Redford Family said...

I didn't even know you could can chicken. That is great! So can you eat it from the jar? Is that a dumb question...I guess it is cooked while canned, right? That is a great idea. I love to stock up on chicken when it is cheap but it takes up so much room in the freezer. Thanks for you tips...keep them coming!

Rachel said...

Did you really double stack your jars without a rack? I was planning on buying a rack but maybe I don't need one??

Stephanie said...

You are on fire girl! You impress me so much!