Friday, August 26, 2011

DAY 5 of Happy Preserving



Preserving Day 5

This is a wonderful childhood memory of mine.  My dad (he's the chef of the family with me a close second!) would always dehydrate apples for us kids.  I loved the spin he put on them too.  Nothing like flavored jello powder sprinkled on top!  Yummy, the flavors are endless.  I usually dip the apples in lemon juice before dehydrating them, but I didn't this time.  They still turned out fantastic.  This is a fun healthy snack that last a long time. This always gets me excited for the fall.
HAPPY PRESERVING

5 comments:

{natalie} said...

yum. i love these.

Leah said...

Andra,that brings back lots of memories. Mom

Leah said...

Andra I think you have surpassed me & you are # 1. Love Dad

Unguren said...

I really liked seeing what you were canning/preserving. I keep telling Blake that I want to buy a hot bath canner and a pressure canner. Hopefully I get one soon!

Stephanie said...

I forgot about those, YUMMY! I need to add that to my Xmas list! You should tell my hubby I need one for xmas :)