Every year for my work there is a convention. This year, the convention was at the gorgeous Oceanside Hyatt Regency in Huntington Beach. It was comical....we pulled up to the resort in our minivan...a Mercedes was in front of us and a Porsche SUV in back.....the valet opens the side door to help and a sippy cup falls out and starts rolling down the hill....the valet needs a second to take it all in....the smashed and littered-about animal crackers, dolls, other misc. kids stuff from a 10 hr. drive from Utah.....I relish these moments where I realize that I couldn't care less about the wordly things. Andra and I made the "President's Club" which is some big deal where they tell you how wonderful you are and give you awards and presents and a fancy dinner and stuff....Andra and I would rather be with our kids in the hotel room than receive any accolades. Today was Andra's birthday. Rather than having the day all to herself, she was here with me at the convention. I love you Andra, and am grateful for your expressions of love and support for me and our family each day. I don't normally post anything to our blog, but wanted to express my love and appreciation for you on your special day....even if it wasn't that special :) Love you.
Matt and the girls!
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
happy birthday my friend! i hope cali was nice and warm!!
Happy Birthday Andra! What a nice and wonderful post from your husband!
What a sweet husband (and girls)you have! I'm sure that there was no place you'd rather have been than with them on your birthday! Hope it was great! Love ya! See you Tuesday!
Happy Happy birthday, Andra!!
Happy late birthday, Andra! What a sweet husband you have :)
Oh, Matt that was so sweet and really funny about the car!!! Andra Happy Birthday. You are the best sister in the world!!! I love your guts. See you tom!!!
Post a Comment