Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Poor Elle

Our poor little Elle broke her arm last week. I thought I was being a cool step mom and put the sprinkler under the trampoline (that's what we did as kids) and the little dare devil was doing all kinds of tricks off the rocks on to the trampoline and slipped. So much for having the trampoline ground level! The crazy thing was, her landing didn't look any different than the 100 times before, but as soon as she got up I could see that her elbow was NOT normal. I tried not to panic. My cute neighbor Melanie watched Whitney while I rushed Elle to the ER. Her break was so bad she had to be rushed to Primary Children's in an ambulance (she thought that was super cool) and was rushed in the surgery! They had to place 3 pins in her little arm. Can you even imagine how horrible I felt?? I did feel a tiny bit better when the surgeon said this was the most common break during summer vacation for kids. He said on a busy summers day he'll do six of these types of surgeries. Why did this have to happen while I was watching her?? Ahhhh! Yesterday she got her hard cast put on (HOT PINK of course) I can't wait to to get a picture of that. I guess we learned our lesson: NO MORE MONKEY'S JUMPING OFF THE ROCKS!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh poor elle. that doesn't sound so fun. but i do love the cast

Stephanie said...

I was so sad we werent able to see her at the Hospital. Im glad she is doing better. She looked great at the parade thanks for inviting us it was a ton of fun!

Melanie Palmer said...

You ARE a great mommy. You handled the whole situation SO well!! All kids have to break a bone in their lifetime- it just means she was having fun with you!!

easleyfamily said...

Poor Elle! I agree, she was just having fun with you and now she has proof! :)

tbergsjo said...

Poor Girl! During summer what a bummer.

Kasi said...

oooh that's not fun!

Hey, I want to see preggo pics!! I bet you look so cute :) I am so excited for you.

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

Oh man, that is not fun. It's amazing how a fall they have done a million times and just then when you least expect it a broken bone. We had a broken foot with Gabe last summer from him running across the yard and falling down! Hope she feels better soon!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh no! Ugh! Hope you all are feeling better by now! Thanks for the heads up on the sprinkler... I'm writin' that one down on my mom book o' safety tips...

Lloyd Family said...

Oh no! Bless her little heart. You are a great mommy. Thing like that just happen. -K- I'm looking at your little baby ticker. Are you seriously 15 weeks?! When are you finding out what you are having?