Friday, January 2, 2009

In loving Memory of Cadence Richey




How I love these two little munckins! My heart was bruised a week before Christmas when I found out my Visiting Teacher lost her little baby. Cadence was only 4 1/2 months old when she didn't wake up from her nap. I still tear up thinking of all that went on that week before Christmas. When you think of the week before Christmas, usually you think: shopping, food, last min gifts etc NOT laying your baby to rest. Out of respect to the Richey family, I will not write details of all that went on or the tender experiences that the family had, but I do wish there was a way to remember the way I felt when I held little Cadence in my arms. She looked so beautiful as if she were sleeping, dressed in white. I couldn't say anything but let the tears roll down my face. At that moment my testimony grew another few inches. I knew that her spirit was with Heavenly Father and I knew that I wanted to do everything in my power to be worthy to be where she is right now, when it is my time. My heart aches for Heather and her family and the pain that fills their hearts. I thank Heather for sharing Cadence with me, it has made me a better mom, sister, daughter, wife and friend. I hope this new year we can all try to be a little better that we were before. Give your babies extra loves and let them know how much you love them.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

There family is in my prayers. I feel so sad for them, especially right before Christmas.

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing an inspiring story! It's unfortunate that frequently it takes an experience like that to bring us back to what's REALLY important.

{natalie} said...

that is so sad. i can't even imagine what that would be like. she is lucky to have a friend like you during a time like this.

all your pictures are great, with all that snow. holy cow, it looks like you live in Siberia. Your girls are adorable and i'm so glad you came to the party. love you!

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing this story Andra. It is hard to lose a child..no matter what age. I know exactly how Heather is feeling. Your friends will be in my prayers.

easleyfamily said...

That breaks my heart. It really does make you realize whats important in life. Aren't we grateful for the plan of salvation? She is really lucky to have you for a friend...so am I :) Love ya!

Sarah said...

oh i love that post, i will stop complaining about reagan screaming all the time and not sleeping because i need to just be greatful she's here...good job andra and thanks for making me look at my life differently