
I wanted to post this so I never forget....
The story goes a little something like this....
When I was going to Ricks College (ya, that dates me considering its BYU Idaho now) I had a roommate that became one of my very best friends and still is to this day. One day while getting ready for school I commented on how cute she looked. Her hair looked great, her makeup was perfect and her outfit was killer....until she put on PURPLE SOCKS! I said "Chris, you're not really going to wear those ugly purple socks are you?" She honestly could not see what the problem was. Now I'm no fashion expert...in fact, I've even been told before that "I wouldn't know fashion if it hit me in the face" (Thanks Carly!) but even I knew not to wear purple socks! So I teased her for the next couple years. Keep in mind this was back in 1996. I have since long forgotten this funny little story. So, the other day I'm checking my mail and there is a thick envelope from my dear friend Christy. Inside was a pair of "purple socks" size 0-6 months. The card read "I just wanted to make sure Lindsey has a pair of purple socks, every girl needs purple socks!" I don't think I stopped smiling the whole day. What a funny little memory I was able to relive for the day. Christy, I love you and thanks for the wonderful trip down memory lane!
9 comments:
Oh that was such a cute story. I miss our fun times together at college. We really should get us together one of these days.
That is such a good memory. I love moments like that!
That's adorable! What an awesome friend!!!
That sounds like something Christy would do. That was a fun year, remember Ralphie the dog and Ruthann? Man, that girl was weird! I think we got "quarantined" twice that year because of you and Christy's crazy ideas. Good times...
Andra, life with two babies has been so crazy that I haven't had a chance to check your blog. I m so sorry to hear abput Lindsey's health problems! We will keep you in our prayers and fast today. Keep us updated on her condition!
Andra, I'm so sorry to read about sweet Lindsey's struggles. I have really been out of the loop and I want you to know your sweet family is in my prayers. I hope she is doing better and continues to be. I sure love ya and hope your emotional strenth has returned. Bless your heart!! I'm not sure how I would handle the stress! I wish I were closer to bring a meal or offer you a nap, so please keep us updated....and by the way, these pics are to GORGEOUS!!!!!
Friends like that are hard to find. I love that she thought of that and mailed Lindsey some socks, so sweet!
oh man! long, long story but i wasn't able to find your blog for a while because all of my "favorite's" were lost and i only knew your old blog address, anyway, i'm finally catching up on all my blogs i've missed out one....
you had your baby!!! congratulations, she looks just as perfect as your other two girls...love all the hair she has!
but oh no, she was in the hospital?! i just read another blog (from someone i don't know) and her baby is at PC also because he drowned in a bath tub (he's doing alot better, in case you're wondering)...i'm so sad to see little lindsay all hooked up to all those tubes and wires...reagan was hooked up to all of that stuff when she was 4 weeks old and it was the sadest and hardest thing i've had to be a part of, i'm so sorry that you've gone through that also...i'm glad to hear she's home now, i always think everyone does much better at home then at a sterile cold hospital...anyway, good luck, i'll check back often now that i have the link again! oh give that sweet girl a little hug for me...and for heaven's sake, git (yeah git not get) those purple socks on her now!
that is the cutest story!
Post a Comment