Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sweet little Lindsey

I can't believe its been 11 days since I had our sweet little girl. What an honor its been to have a little piece of heaven in our home. It didn't surprise me that little Lindsey wasn't so little...9lbs 2 oz...are you kidding me!! What did surprise me was she was born with dangerous blood sugar levels. I didn't get to see her for several hours after she was born nor did I even get to hold her much during my 4 day stay in the hospital. She was hooked up to all kinds of machines, IV's in her little hands and to top it all off she had Jaundice really bad. Sad for us. My recovery has been much more painful then last time. I came home very sick in every way shape and form. Matt was sick and Whitney had a terrible cold. Lindsey stayed under the blue lights for the first 4 days she was home which was hard because everyone wanted to hold her and love on her. I had to take her to the doctor for the first 5 days she was home (not exactly what I wanted to do after just having major surgery)to get her little heels pricked. Her poor little feet were black and blue from all the pokes. I'm slowly feeling better each day. She is a very sweet and easy baby so far and the girls just adore her. I am so in love with my girls.








14 comments:

easleyfamily said...

So Sweet! Poor little thing under the lights! Glad she's doing better and hopefully you are. Your 3 girls are beautiful!

Kasi said...

Andra, she is the cutest newborn I've ever seen! Those chubby cheeks! Oh my! I am so sorry things have been hard, there is nothing worse than not being able to hold your new baby! With Daniel, I went into shock after he was born and I didn't hold him for four hours. I hope that things get better soon! And I haven't forgotten about your scrapbook pages, they are on my to do list!! I will get them done this month.
I wish I lived closer and could help you out! (how many times have we said we wished we lived closer to each other? haha, maybe someday)

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

I know the feeling, Tory had really bad jaundice as well and she had to be put in a bed, one us had to stay up with her 24 hours a day to make sure she did not rip her little eye patches off so she would not hurt her eyes. Dosent it just rip your heart out to hear their little squeals when they get pocked! Glad she is feeling better and I hope you are your family start feeling better as well and get some sleep!

She is an adorable baby. Your girls are always dressed so cute!

Unknown said...

she is so precious andra. Congrats. I can't believe you have 3 sweet little girls now.

The Redford Family said...

She is sooo cute and the dark hair is adorable! I can't believe she already has chunky cheeks...so cute! She looks sooo healthy! I am sorry it wasn't an easy inn and out delivery/recovery! I am glad things are getting better now! Can't wait to see more pictures of sweet Lindsey!

Rachel said...

Glad to hear she is safe and doing better. Sorry to hear of your struggles that last week and a half. Hope it's all behind you and brighter days are ahead with your three beautiful daughters! Did you have a c-section? Take care and best wishes for LOTS of rest! BTW, I love Lindsey's name :)

Tonia said...

Sending well wishes and good luck! She is beautiful! Take care of yourself!

brittany said...

oh andra, i wish i was there and could bring you dinner and help take care of your kids for you. lindsey is beautiful!! i'm sorry about all that you are going through, i remember being so so miserable after having finn. it is hard, but so worth it. hang in there and keep posting pics of that beautiful new baby girl! are you having skye take pics of her?

Stephanie said...

I love Lindsey!!!! I'm sorry its been a rough go. I love you and I am here for you always!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh my, that isn't a very nice start! I'm so sorry! I hope that the jaundice has fully cleared out and that the germies have left the building! She is so beautiful, by the way! So squishily, squashily, snuggly, kissable beautiful!

Jenn said...

What a little angel, she is so beautiful! So sorry to hear things were kinda rough at first. Hopefully things will be calm now and you will be able to enjoy your time together! Your a great Mom!

Linda said...

She is beautiful! Hope you are feeling better and Lindsey is doing well too!
Much love

Angie said...

Oh my gosh Andra!! I can't believe what I have missed out on the past 11 days! Lindsey is an absolute angel!! I want to munch on those chubby cheeks!!! Congratulations to you and your so sweet family. I am so happy for you and so sad for a rough first week! I hope that you continue to feel better and that everyone gets over their colds. I hope you know how much a love ya and that I'm thinkin I may need to make a road trip to see you....it's been WAY too long. Enjoy that gorgeous baby!!

Elise said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!! I hope you are feeling better now too!