**Side note** this is NOT to make anyone feel bad bla bla bla. I hear too often that people don't like reading blogs because it makes them feel bad about themselves or all people do is write about how "perfect" their lives are etc. This is ME, this is what I enjoy doing. I love being a wife to my sweet husband, I adore being a mother to all girls, I love to garden, I love to bargain shop, I love to clip coupons, I love learning how to be more self reliant and I LOVE to can. I personally enjoy when people share their talents online. There are so many talented people out there and I love to learn from them. So there! This is my blog and this is what I've been busy doing for my wonderful family! Oh ya, and I'm not even done yet!!!!! How's that for attitude!
So, what do you do when your garden is overflowing with veggies? You make homemade spaghetti sauce! I got this recipe from a food storage blog that I follow and she was right...I will NEVER go back to Prego! This made about 16 bags. That is over 16 meals!!!


Zucchini anyone? I froze bags of this for future soups, bread and anything else I can throw this stuff in.


Oh, how I LOVE peaches! I've decided come spring, we are going to have to put in a couple peach trees in our yard. This is just the
beginning of what I have in store for peaches!
8 comments:
holy cow missy!! All this while preggo? You are my hero. I should really do stuff like this. Especially since Kevin is on a preparedness kick. Pretty soon he's going to be standing on a corner with a sign that says "The end is near! Prepare now!"
Good for you! You are supper. I canned lots of jars of applesauce two years ago and the kids won't eat it. Yucky compared to the store stuff they said. Great Homemaker you are!
Im so proud of you. I think it is absolutely amazing that you are canning and freezing all this stuff. You are an amazing mom! And I love to see what other people are doing and then I can learn how to do it! I cant wait to have a real kitchen again!!! We will be canning together :)
P.S cute helpers do they want to come to my house when they are done? :)
have your heard about cutting the corn off over a bundt pan so it will catch all the kernals???
i am impressed. too bad we live so far apart. i am def getting more peaches to freeze for smoothies, thanks for the tip. kade loves peach smoothies.
Wow! That is awesome. Way to be! Thanks for sharing your talents. I enjoyed your little side note :) Lots of truth. I love how we all have different talents and strengths different from one another so that we balance this world out. You would balance me well if only we lived closer. That makes me happy you're naming your little girl Lindsey :) We'll make sure she never dates a Lindsey.
i hate people who complain about other people bragging on their blog, i'm with you, it's just what you do, you're not bragging, you're just telling what you do everyday and if they don't like it then why are they reading it! ok, i feel better now...i wish i was that motivated to can and store and yadda yadda...one day i will maybe...love the cute girls helping you!
Ahem ---- I need that spaghetti sauce recipe.... I have a good one now (finally) but I'm always looking for good recipes to try!! And that sauce looks YUMMY!!!!
Post a Comment