Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Family Tradition

One of our summer traditions is to dehydrate apples and make apple chips to snack on. It's been a fun thing we started when Elle was really young. My Dad used to make these for us so I thought I'd introduce the tradition to my own little family!

All you need: apples, apple slicer (or a knife), lemon juice and a dehydrator

Slice the apples~fairly thin and let them soak in lemon juice for a couple min. Usually I just spray the apples with lemon juice, but since I'm obsessed with lemons this pregnancy, I SOAKED them...YUMMY!
Arrange the apples like this on your dehydrator be sure to put a little Pam spray on your plastic layers. This prevents the apples from sticking to the plastic



for some fun flavor, my dad would always let us pick a flavor of jello and sprinkle a little powder on each slice. Elle picked peach this time! Let these dehydrate for about 12-14 hours and you'll have a delicious snack!



5 comments:

{natalie} said...

i loved the ones you sent me last year. i really want a dehydrator. you know my address if you want to send me some!

Sarah said...

hey, send me some too! how much are dehydrators? and where do you get them?

your girls are darling! i love how you dress them alike and their hair is always so cute...the arm thing is hilarious

i wished i lived in herriman too so i could sit with you in the ER

Stephanie said...

yummy! I forgot about the jello flavoring now i need a dehydrator, where did you get yours?

Renee said...

That looks easy enough that even I could do it...I just might have to try it!

Football Mom said...

That looks so good Andra! I love apples!
We haven't seen you in ages (it feels like it anyway). We've been gone so much lately. I love to go to your blog and keep up with you. I met your adorable sister-in-law, Maggie, yesterday at church. She said they might move in up by you. How fun would that be?? We have to get together!! Miss you guys!!!