We brought in the New Year by going Roller skating! Way too fun!!!
Yes, I survived 2010...barely! Only my close friends know that I have dreaded the year 2010 since I was 12 years old. Ya, you read that right, 12 years old.....Why? When I was 12 years old my sister and I went and spent a week at my Grandma and Papa's house for a week. We always had lots of fun eating Grandmas hot dogs (my grandma didn't cook!), going out to eat to "all you can eat buffets" and getting to see my first major crush....Brian Gardner! Anyway, that summer, while visiting my grandparents I had a dream. It was a very detailed dream and in it I died. When I died I was with my Heavenly Father and it was the neatest feeling being with him. Unlike any earthly feeling I can describe. He told me it wasn't my time and that I needed to go back to earth and that he would see me in the year 2010. When I woke up, I was a little freaked out to say the least. I tried not to think about it too often, but how could I not? 2010 did seem like forever away. I wondered if I would really pass away that year or if the 2nd coming would be that year. Well, in a blink of an eye the dreaded year came. To say I was cautious is an understatement! I didn't go on vacation, on a plane, I didn't even like going in car. I prayed everywhere I went that me, my family and my surroundings would be blessed with safety.
So, here it is now 2011 and I survived...literally. I don't know if the dream meant anything at all or if it was just that, a dream. What I do know is that I needed the Lord probably the most I've ever needed him last year. Let's be honest...2010 was HORRIBLE. The birth of Lindsey brought us quite a scare, we almost lost our home to a HUGE fire, another scare with Lindsey's new found food allergies, and the disappointment that has come with 2 expensive fertility failures. The pain has been almost unbearable at times. There are lots of other things that happened that brought my spirits to an all time low, but those are more personal. I learned that I wouldn't literally see my Heavenly Father, but that I would have a very close relationship with him. I can't say I enjoyed the trials, because I didn't. I do however, treasure my relationship with my Father in Heaven. I'm very thankful for the atonement. I'm thankful that he carried me like he did in my dream. I'm thankful that somehow someway these things make me better as a person and as a mom. I'm more than ready for a new year! 2011 is going to be great!! I'm going to start by LOSING WEIGHT!!!!! Watch out 7 jeans, I'm going to be wearing you again!
11 comments:
Here's to a new year! I'm so glad you are alive!
I love ya
Ps I think I decided what I'm making for the par-Tay!
I love you! Your post made me cry. I feel so similar about 2010! I second Natalie--So glad you're still alive!
I'm so glad you're alive, too!!! And I'm so sorry you had to go through so much last year! I know 2011 will be better! I know it because you get to see ME in February! ;) But seriously...you are amazing! I love your guts! And you don't need to lose weight! You are beautiful just the way you are!!!
yay for the end of 2010. i hope 2011 brings all kinds of wonderful things your way.. including those 7 jeans. i keep telling myself i'll get there someday too :)
We made it my dear! Thank goodness our dreams didn't come true! I admire you tremendously and I am hoping that this year will be a better one!
I am so glad that 2010 is over and more importantly that you are Alive! You mean the world to me and I would die if anything ever happened to you!
I love that you went roller skating! Love you
I have been praying for you all year too! So glad you made it...perhaps your dream meant that you would develop that close personal relationship with Heavenly Father and you've really had a year to do that! I love you and am glad you made it!
Wow! You have gone through so much and maybe what you said is exactly what he meant. You would be near him during 2010 and it seems like you were. I am glad you are ok and survived. What a crazy dream. Thank you for sharing so much with us I love getting to know you better!
I think you're right on! I am one who has crazy detailed dreams and not everything plays out in my real life identical to the dream, but I have always learned something powerful from them and they always prove to me just how real God is and how much we need him! I cried too when I read your post! I love it when people share what's deep. Thanks for strengthening me! Here's to a great 2011!!!!
I was just thinking about you last week and wondering if you were glad 2010 was over. I, too, have thought about your dream over the years and wondered what it meant. I am glad that you were able to find some understanding or meaning. I appreciate the post! Thanks for sharing your faith and testimony. I love you and am grateful for your friendship.
2010-worst year of my life-maybe...we will see how 2011 goes.
please dont blog stalk me...you are TOTALLY cooler than I am and it makes me STRESS OUT! ;)
If I had an ounce of your talent and looks I would feel UNSTOPPABLE!
Post a Comment