Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Burned Mountain

My Friend Megan posted this picture on her blog. I'm sad for so many people. I'm so very sad for the 4 homes that were lost, but it really is a miracle that there weren't more homes destroyed. If you were here, you would know what I mean. The fire line literally stopped at almost every one's fence. I think someone was looking down and protecting little Herriman and all the families. Its a humbling experience to go through. This morning I can still see smoke rising from what used to be the Cases home. I'm devastated, heart broken. We have every news channel parked on the other side of our fence, the sound out helicopters fill the sky and the smell of smoke fills most homes. I have someone coming on Thursday to evaluate the smoke damage in our home.  Today I'm a little sad

4 comments:

The Redford Family said...

I am so glad your house was safe and your family got out safe...that had to have been sooo scary. I thought about you the minute I heard about it. I hope you didn't have too much smoke damage. You and many others were very blessed/lucky!

Stephanie said...

I am so glad your family and home are safe. So scary to go through that!

Linda said...

Glad you are all ok...feel so bad for the ones that lost their home.

Jenn said...

What in the world! How did the fire start? Glad everyone was o.k. FREAKY!!