Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Favorite Family Tradition

Every October we get to go to Logan and pick apples from one of my best friends apple orchards. I LOVE to do this. I love to see the kids run around and get so excited to pick as many apples as they can, I love to see them around the farm animals and I love that we all work together for a delicious treat.







They have this old fashion apple smasher that we used to smash all the apples down to get the best apple juice in the world!







We were able to fill up (12) 64 oz bottles of apple juice. I will be canning for days!

5 comments:

Shauna B. said...

How fun! I love picking apples!

Party of Five said...

I want to learn how to can apple juice, you need to give me some pointers!

Stephanie said...

Yummy! Hope you feel better soon! Drink some of your Apple Juice :)

Linda said...

What a fun tradition! Cute pictures.

{natalie} said...

one day i really want to have an orchard. for real. that apple juice looks delicious!