Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sweet Escape

This is one of Matt and I's favorite places to sneak away to. The Jonson's Mill is a beautiful bed and breakfast up in Midway. We have stayed here almost every anniversary of ours and we love it. It's so peaceful and absolutely gorgeous. I got an e-mail advertising all the rooms at 30% off during the summer so we jumped on the deal and spoiled ourselves for the evening.







This is a really cute place we found. It's called Cafe Galleria and they serve the best pizza made in the old fashion brick ovens! Right outside there is also a horse a buggy ride waiting for you!






I loved how they displayed their yummy food








After a wonderful evening with my hubby we went and grabbed Whitney (Thanks again Steph) and we decided to head up to Bear Lake. I've been several times, but Matt has never been. We stayed in this cute little cabin at a KOA camp ground. We were so excited........







until we got inside and noticed that there weren't any sheets, blankets or pillows...umm hello??? What were we suppose to do? Well, let me tell you, our 5 beach towel had to make due for the night:-)

















That evening was SUPER cold, so we started a camp fire and roasted marsh mellows and ate smores! Whitney loved it and it made me excited for the fall weather to start.










Whitney got a good night sleep, but Matt and I DID NOT! We woke up the next morning to pouring down rain and we quickly learned the high for the day was only going to be 41 degrees!!!!!!! So.....we packed up and went home! Better luck with Bear Lake next year!

3 comments:

{natalie} said...

I have never been to Bear lake, but that little cabin is so cute. Too bad about the lack of blankets, I woud've hated that. I love Midway too. It sounds like a wonderful weekend.

brittany said...

andra, what a perfect weekend!

Stephanie said...

It was my pleasure to watch Whitney she was an angel. Im sorry you guys were so cold in the cabins but you made the best of it and had a great time. Next time youll know and it will be even better :)

P.S I love the new page!