
Last week, Matt and I were so excited to take the kids and use a $50 gift card we had to the Texas Roadhouse!! We saved up our appetites and did our very best to come close to the $50. It was fun to order drinks, appetizers, hearty meals, and even dessert! Elle and Whitney had a great time watching the waitresses do their best impression of the "boot scoot and boogy". At the end of our meal, the waitress politely informed us that our meal had been taken care of by a nice couple that had left some time ago, and to have a nice evening. I was shocked! What did we do to deserve this? Why would someone do this for US? Then it dawned on me.....someone saw our little family and thought I had CANCER.....I can't even begin to explain the wave of a zillion emotions and thoughts that raced through me. All I could think was someone looked at our family and thought it must have taken all of my strength to come to dinner with my family, that poor family...they are so young, I wonder how much longer she has, their medical bills must be a heavy burden, that poor dad is probably going to lose his wife and have two little girls to take care of....the list goes on.... I had such mixed emotions. I was very thankful for the wonderful act of service, but I was mortified at the same time. I wanted to find the couple and give them money and tell them to give their service to someone that really needed it. I thought that maybe I shouldn't go out in public anymore because I don't want/need any special attention. I wanted to scream out to the world that I'm not dying and that my kids would have a mommy for a very long time! I cried the whole way home and then some. Even though I was beyond embarrassed, I'm truly grateful for the wonderful people who took the time to think of my family. It reminded me of the cheesy movie "Pay it Forward". Matt and I have decided the next time we go to dinner we will secretly comp someones meal:)
7 comments:
How amazing! It makes you realize there are still a lot of wonderful people out there!
You have such a kind heart. I love you!
That made me cry. How neat that there are people out there that are so kind hearted! And . . . I am so very glad that you don't have cancer!!
You rock! I love how generous they were and I love how you are going to pay it forward and I love you! AND, I too am so very glad you dont have cancer!
That made me cry too! That was so kind of those people to do that! I love you guys!
only in utah...that's why we miss it!
let me know when you guys are going out to eat and we'll be "eating" there too......
Post a Comment