Some call it desperate. I know
I DO!!!!!
I DO!!!!!
So there's a guy down in UT county...let's call him the "VooDoo" Dr. He's been known to cure all kinds of crazy things. My mom drove all the way from ID to see this guy and low and behold, he cured her stomach issues. Several people have recommended him and he's even treated some of the general authorities. Pride set in and I just put it on the back burner. I'm mean seriously, who goes to these people? Well, I guess desperate people like me do. I thought what if he has some crazy hair growing concoction that might work for me? So, I made my appointment. I was EXTREMELY skeptical the whole time thinking to myself, "oh, Andra, have you really stooped this low?" "Has it really come down to THIS?" Then my next thought was "Oh, what the Heck?"
As I sat in the chair, with my hands holding some crazy metal bar, watching the computer rate my heart, lungs, liver, etc I listened to the mad scientist tell me that the only thing wrong with me is my poor ovaries. WAIT, WHAT??? Did he say ovaries? I was there for my hair, not my infertility issues. I'm sure I turned white as a ghost. Looks like my ovaries are in sad shape. Not healthy at all. I can't remember all that he said, but I told him that I could not get pregnant without IVF (and that doesn't always work) he was very confident and told me to take these drops and women usually become pregnant within 4 months. WHAT???????? $20 drops vs $12,000 IVF. This had to be some kind of sick joke. The whole way home in my mind I kept going back and forth "Andra, this is nuts! You are a fool" and "What if? Just what if? The drops stayed up on a shelf for the next month. It all seemed to good to be true. I felt ashamed, fooled, embarrassed, desperate, and then...one day I thought...... "oh, what the heck" and started taking the drops :) I guess time will tell if the mad scientist had the answers all along!
14 comments:
For $20 why not try it? I figure it is best to always go over all of your options....even the crazy ones.
Hope it works for you! I don't think it is crazy at all!
Oh Andra! I sure hope his mad scientist drops work! You are the best mom and any baby would be lucky to call you mom. I can't wait to hear the verdict. I'm crossing my fingers it works in your favor!!
I was wondering what ever became of your Voo-Doo Doctor visit. I say give it a shot...why not?!! So, did you leave with anything for the hair too?
Sounds like it's totally worth a shot! Keep us all posted! Love your guts!
is his name Remington?
I wish you good luck!!!!!
I'm married to one of those "Voodoo Dr.s" and trust me, I believe in them :) A big part of it also has to be your trust in the process and your trust in your bodies ability to heal. Believe in yourself and allow your innate healing to surface. Fill your being with nothing but positive thoughts. Throw all the negative out the door :) There are "miracle workers" out there but a HUGE part of the equation is the faith of the patient. The scriptures and Church History are full of accounts of miraculous healings. If you notice though, not one of those occurred without the faith of the one being healed.
Believe in yourself!! Love you!
He's amazing! Have faith and believe! He's helped me with so many things! Worth every penny! Praying you see Heavenly Father's hand in your life! I wish you only the very best!!!
I am praying this helps! Also Im taking Karlee to see him next mth. I Love Voodoo Drs!
Andra, he did help me good luck.Mom
We call ours the "quack" Doctor. Good luck! Let us all know how it goes!
Abso-freakin-lutely. There are other forms (natural progesterone creams) that I have used to stabilize my hormones and several of my "infertile" friends have gotten pregnant after using that. Marla (from our old 11th ward) had YEARS of failed treatments, including, I think, two failed IVFs, other surgeries, medications, injections, blah blah. They told her to move on and start the adoption process. She tried the cream instead and last I heard, she had given birth to her fifth child. This sounds/looks like a similar idea so i say I HOPE IT WORKS!!! And I wont' be surprised if it does. I will be THRILLED TO PIECES IF IT DOES!!! Sorry, I didn't realize you hadn't tried quacky stuff yet :)
FINGERS CROSSED ON YOUR VOODOO DOCTOR!!! I hope this works.
Still praying for you!!! ♥
Post a Comment