Monday, November 1, 2010

Bad Scare today

Our sweetie pie is deathly allergic to peanuts!  My sister and I were at Costco today and I gave Lindsey a bite of my cracker that had a tiny bit of peanut butter on it.  With in the hour she had swollen up like a balloon.  The all too familiar scene happened again.  Me speeding to the ER and running in with my limp baby barely breathing.  I couldn't stop crying as they began sticking the IV in her little arm, shooting her with an epi pen and waving oxygen in her face.  It was all too familiar and too soon for that scene to unfold in front of my eyes....again.  I spent the next 7 hours with her in the ER until she was cleared to come home.  Things are going to be very different for us now that we know just how dangerous a small little nut can be.

14 comments:

JO*MOMMY*LONG*LEGS said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! WE ARE SO GLAD EVERYTHING IS OKAY!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Kasi said...

OH ANDRA! I am so glad that everything turned out okay!!

stalker sarah said...

Oh my goodness. That is SOOOOO scary. I can't even imagine. Thinking of you guys and will say prayers of thanks that she's okay. Love you!!!

The Redford Family said...

Andra...I am so sorry. That is a mother's worst nightmare. You will find that almost everything has peanut oil in it...hopefully she isn't too allergic..but she will grow out of it. At least they label the peanut oil on the back of everything now days...I am glad she is ok. Scary Day! I hope she feels better soon!

Shauna B. said...

Andra, I'm so sorry! I can't believe this happened to you again! So glad she is OK. Your an amazing mom.

Stephanie said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my baby Linds! I am sooooo sorry that this happened to you. I am so glad that you are ok! I love you so much! Your whole family does.

brittany said...

that is SO scary. i'm so glad she is okay, and hopefully you are too. good luck with the transition. i'm sure you will have it all figured out in no time.

Renee said...

Crazy! I can only imagine how scary that must have been. I am glad that she is doing better. She is such a cutie, even if she is laying on a hospital bed! :)

tbergsjo said...

I am so glad she is okay. That stinks to have that allergy to worry about.

{natalie} said...

Yikes! I'm so sorry! That really stinks animi bummed
You will have to eliminate PB now. Love you lots! Oh and happy bday to whit whit

Tonia said...

Too scary, so grateful she is doing ok.

Jenn said...

That is so scary, but glad to hear everything turned out ok.

Jenn said...

holy crap! How scary Andra. I am glad she is doing o.k. now. Dang allergies!!

Linda said...

So scary! Glad she is ok. We have a grandson deathly allergic to peanuts!